The Center for Neurotechnology (CNT) at the University of Washington sponsors a five day “YSP-REACH” program on the Seattle Campus during the summer. High school students receive an introduction to neuroscience and neural engineering, neuroethics, scientific communication, and the latest developments in brain-computer interfaces. Participants have the opportunity to tour CNT partner labs in departments including Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. The goal is to provide students with exposure to the field of neural engineering and provide basic preparation for college studies in STEM subjects as well as future STEM careers. The program is well suited for students interested in a STEM career, with a specific interest in neural engineering and neuroscience.
The 2022 YSP-REACH program will take place July 11-15, 2022. The deadline for summer 2022 YSP-REACH program applications was March 15, 2022.
- Be a high school student. (Graduating seniors can also apply.)
- Attend all required lectures, seminars, focus groups, tours, class sessions and workshops.
- Commit to full program participation. Participants will not receive academic credit.
- Frequently Asked Questions (updated January 24, 2022) about the YSP-REACH program.
- You will need to email your completed application form and your high school transcript and ask someone to write a letter of recommendation for you. This letter writer will send their letter directly to Dr. Eric Chudler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Eric Chudler, the CNT's Education Director .